Planning a wedding can be incredibly stressful, and one of the most aggravating tasks is selecting the perfect venue for your upcoming nuptials. Relax, take a deep breath, and don't let the bridal-industrial complex bring you down - here are a few of the best and most awesome wedding venues to get hitched in Miami:
- The Deering Estate - This historic 450+ acre estate was originally the home of fabulously wealthy businessman Charles Deering and his enormous art collection. It's now an environmental, archaeological, and historical preserve with several options for your wedding, including a sweeping waterfront lawn and the elegant Stone House ballroom.
- The Bath Club - Nestled on beautiful Miami Beach, the Bath Club offers over 26,000 feet of event space. Built-in 1926 on the site of a former avocado plantation, this private club features a glamorous ballroom with dramatic glass chandeliers, a large brick courtyard lined with palm trees, and private access to a pristine white sand beach.
- An Ancient Spanish Monastery - Seriously! The monastery of St. Bernard de Clairvaux was completed in 1141, in Sacramenia, Spain. William Randolph Hearst bought the cloisters and outbuildings in 1925 and had them shipped to the US in more than 11,000 wooden boxes. Painstakingly rebuilt in Miami, the ancient buildings now serve a congregation of the Episcopal Diocese of South Florida, and offers several indoor and outdoor event sites and a perfect wedding venue!
- The Historic DuPont Building - Once one of Miami's only skyscrapers, the DuPont Building has an absolutely stunning event space built in the Art Deco style that was originally a bank, and still features a vast vault and wrought iron teller cages. A national historic landmark with glamorous floor to ceiling windows, the DuPont Building has a reputation as one of the most glamorous and luxe event spaces in the Miami area.
- The Cruz Building - Located in beautiful Coconut Grove, the Cruz Building is one of the most breathtaking locales in the Miami area. Featuring monumental stained glass windows, marble staircases perfectly designed for that grand entrance, and opulent French Quarter backdrops for Pinterest-ready wedding photos, the Cruz Building is a captivating and unforgettable wedding venue!
- Coral Gables Country Club - This isn't Caddyshack, baby! Coral Gables Country Club is an elegant, Mediterranean style club with Brazilian wood floors, Austrian crystal chandeliers, marble pillars, and miles of French doors that open to reveal lush courtyards, gardens, and stone fountains. CGCC's team of pro event planners will help you create the wedding you've always dreamed about.
- The Rooftop on Ponce - Perfect for a smaller invitation list, this chic and ultra-modern rooftop event venue boasts an incredible view of the Miami skyline and the Atlantic ocean. The Rooftop features an expanse of welcoming green turf, striking architectural components like the gazebo with floor to ceiling windows, and a caring and friendly staff.
- Renaissance Ballrooms - An affordable option that still offers that luxe wedding venue feeling! The owners behind the Renaissance have over 40 years of experience in the wedding and event industry, and they will treat you just like you're part of their family. The Renaissance has two distinct venues in the heart of Miami that are completely adaptable to your needs.
- Vista Lago Ballroom - The lakefront Vista Lago offers 24-foot high ceilings, exquisite crystal chandeliers, wood floors, and a lovely patio area. An ideal location for a relaxed, tropical-style wedding, Vista Lago offers privacy, full catering, and a professional staff that ensures your event will be wonderful and worry-free.
- Cheeca Lodge & Spa - The Cheeca Lodge and Spa on Islamorada is a destination wedding option right in your backyard, with the best combination of tropical location, stunning backdrops, and a casual and inviting atmosphere. Cheeca's private beach is perfect for that dream waterfront wedding ceremony, while the grand Bougainvillea Ballroom and adjacent open-air courtyard offer a delightful West Indies-inspired space for your reception.
Looking to connect with Things to Do in Miami? Register with us on 305area - we cover events and so much more in our magical city! Check out our Dining in Miami or New Year's Eve in Miami for more of the best and most awesome wedding venue ideas! Registration is always free on any of our MyArea Network sites.
Cover photo from the Coral Gables Country Club Facebook page